Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Welcome to the New Code Pink Boot Camp Blog!
Get Ready for 2011! 
Boot Camps Start January 10! Register Today!

About Our Blog:
On a regular basis we’re going to bring you stories and news about all sorts of things from fitness to nutrition and fashion to recipes. We welcome your contributions and please comment and be a part of the conversation!

Code Pink Boot Camp Success Story- Yvonne
A wonderful glimpse into a Camper and her trainer’s perspectives

Yvonne’s Story:
A note to tell everyone the goal of getting physically fit has to start somewhere.  I’ve been heavy and out of shape for a number of years and decided I needed to start on the path to a healthy weight and incorporate exercise regularly into my routine.

I’ve completed two Code Pink Boot Camp sessions and have signed up through the end of the year.  I realize that I have a lot of weight to lose and that it will take a while.  I’ll continue with Code Pink to hit my ultimate goal of being fit.  I long for the day when I can work out to maintain my level of fitness and weight.

The first session I lost 9 ½ pounds and am waiting for my evaluation from the second session.  Based on my scale at home, I should be down another 9-10 pounds.  My clothes are loose and I’m now pulling items that I used to wear and had to stop because they were too tight.

I was apprehensive the first day that I went to Code Pink Boot Camp.  Here I was, obviously out of shape, and the others in the class were in shape.  Cindi, the trainer of the 5:30-6:30 a.m. Irvine location camp made me feel comfortable right away.  She encouraged me and didn’t make me feel awkward with my inability to keep up with the rest of the group on the cardio or the exercises.  She stresses that you push yourself to do more each day.  As the session progressed, Cindi would comment on my progress.  She is interested in helping each one of us reach our fitness goals.

One of the best results of this experience has been the camaraderie with the other women.  Not only are they nice people, but they are also very encouraging.    Exercise is so much more fun to do with a group than by yourself.  Plus, the group atmosphere keeps you coming back and Cindi varies the program, having us do different exercises and activities each day.

Thank you Cindi and Code Pink,
Yvonne

What Does Yvonne's Trainer Say?

I want to recognize Yvonne Herrell, from Irvine 5:30am. She has an amazing perseverance, a warm, caring heart, and is an inspiration to everyone in our camp.  She has attended 5 days a week from her first session, and has only missed days for vacation.  Yvonne takes every new activity in stride, with energy and enthusiasm.  She welcomes and encourages all of our new campers every session, especially those that seem to be brand new to exercise or haven't exercised in a long time, as that is where she started.  In the first 3 months she saw rapid weight loss, avg. 10 lbs per month.  She still saw a continued weight loss, but it slowed down.  She attended the nutrition seminars almost every session, wanting to make sure to stay on top of the latest information Jem would share.  She was starting to plateau, and rather than get frustrated and give up, she discussed with me different ways to try and break the plateau.  She added in extra activity during the week and on weekends, making nutrition and fitness a lifestyle.  Recently, we took a hard look at her diet, and after meeting one on one with a nutritionist, we confirmed she wasn't eating enough.  Skeptically, she followed their advice, and after the first week, she broke the plateau!  Throughout this, her commitment to boot camp never wavered, and I know she will continue to see more results and reach her goals - although I can see that she has made her fitness and nutrition a priority and a lifestyle that will be with her forever.   This is why Yvonne Herrell is an amazing woman to me!

Cindi Massengale
Code Pink Boot Camp Trainer


Share your comments, success stories and suggestions with us here!

And Visit Us at:

3 comments:

  1. This is a great, inspiring story and we hope it inspires you to know that you can achieve the impossible! Happy Holidays to All!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear stories where hard work AND eating a healthy amount of food prove to pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly Amazing! I will try to follow their example through the holidays.

    ReplyDelete